Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Shame of It....

Yep...I am coming clean. Shawn and I were beat down tired this morning. Call it a Halloween morning hangover (minus the drinking last night). We were simply hungover from the fun of watching our kiddos attempt to gather all the candy in the entire town. Pictures to come...

We went to bed a little late....Rex got up an extra time to eat......there was a time change....Roanin woke up extra early.....the combination was too much.

So here it is: the confession. Shawn and I actually brought Roanin into our bed this morning at 6:45 and attempted to make him just watch cartoons while we snoozed. But wait...that is normal. He wasn't interested in this plan. The real shame comes in when we indulged Roanin's request for a caramel popcorn ball out of his Halloween bag from last night...in our bed.....at 7:15 am......instead of breakfast.....for just an extra 20 minutes....without a second thought. As Shawn handed him the ball and I tucked him in between us, anticipating the popcorn mayhem I would have to clean out of our sheets in just an hour or so, Shawn simply says to me, "...I am ok with this if you are."

The kernel clean up was well worth the 20 minutes.

1 comment:

AmyK said...

Utterly shameful! Hee hee.