
Halloween was hilarious this year. We kicked things off by explaining the whole trick or treating thing to
Roanin about a week before Halloween. This resulted in being asked about 137 times each day if tonight was Halloween and when we would "get candy, Mommy?" When the big night finally came, I was being possessed by the full moon or something and was unable to not only get myself ready without throwing a series of
hissy-fit/tantrum type
thingys, but also unable to get the boys ready successfully. Basically, the only person who had it together was Daddy. I had failed to do any kind of dry run on either boy's costume....and so when it came time to throw them into them (I only allotted about 2.2 seconds due to me burning up the rest of the getting ready time with my own antics) things didn't go as well as I would have liked. Here is the short version: me attempting to squeeze Rex into a thick winter-proof suit in 75 degree weather while running around the house screaming trying to find the black spray paint I had painstakingly hunted down and found for
Roanin's Elvis costume. Meanwhile, Shawn was having to basically
resew the belt to
Roanin's costume because I had never tried it on him. Once we finally got on the road...it was a blast, and Mr. Man had a ball.


You didn't know that Elvis rolled in a
carseat?



Poor
Rexy...he was sweating due to the insulated suit I forced him into. Fashion trumps comfort, am I wrong?
Roanin, clearly thrilled at having to take a break from the candy collection to show love to his mother.

Rex and I both got the memo that orange is the new black.

My sweet little (hot) pumpkin.
3 comments:
Adorable!!! You rock! Oh, and I wish I had known Rex was a pumpkin. You could have had ours! Luke wore the Pottery Barn Pumpkin last year when he was only 3 months. Too cute - I love the lil pumpkins!!!
I say Roanin definitely wore it best and at least 97 % of other fans agree!
I'm very impressed, Dr. Dunsmore. Those are some darn fine costumes (although I do feel a bit sad for Mr. Hot-Potato-Pumpkin-baby!)
Post a Comment