Tuesday, April 1, 2008

1st Birthday Party

Roanin's 1st birthday party was this last weekend, and turned out really well. Roanin had lots of friends and family there...he loved all the attention and loved his cake even more. The theme (although I claim to be anti-theme) ended up being an outdoor picnic, and the weather was perfect. We all had a great time. Several people came from out of town...so we just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Aunt Stephanie, Kathy and Maddie for coming from Arlington; to a very pregnant Aunt Amy and Kyle coming from Austin; to Uncle Joshie, Aunt Krista and cousin Sophie coming from Corpus Christi. It meant a lot to Shawn and I for you all to be there. Thank you to everyone who came and wished our little pickle a happy birthday. Mr. Man after the demolition of his cake. The bar-b-que spread.

"Don't bother me...I am busy."


Roanin surrounded by girls and gifts. I didn't have the heart to tell him that life is only downhill from here on out.

The big birthday cake for all the "big kids".

Daddy with the birthday boy.

Uncle Josh, Aunt Krista, and Cousin Sophie posing at the picnic.

Mommy trying to show Roanin that it is okay to put you hands in the cake.


More gifts, more girls....Madison and Jaycie join Roanin while he opened a t-ball set from the Hartbergs.


Up close of Roanin's mini-cake.

Roanin showing Papa (who smoked all the meat for the party...hence, the apron) where the action is.

Papa, Roanin, Grandma, and Cousins Sophie and Danielle. I have noticed that Roanin was eating something before any food was brought out. Hmmm...note to self: don't let Papa be in charge of Roanin.

2 comments:

Josh, Krista, and Sophia Ritzmann said...

We had a great time!!...Looks like Aunt Kritter was a good photographer!? Hope to see you guys again real soon!

The Goldade's said...

Hello from Idaho! I can't believe he's one! It seems like yesterday we were visiting at school about his arrival! Looks like such a fun party...we hope you guys are doing well and we'd love to hear from you! The graduation count down has begun...4 more weeks!